[ipxe-devel] Tftp transfer speed issues

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Tue Aug 7 18:17:41 UTC 2012

On 07.08.2012 14:43, Alpar Torok wrote:
> I tried with debugging enabled, but all I could see is that bootmgr is
> itself downloaded with  PXENV_TFTP_*
> and this is also taking longer.  After that the console is painted with
> a progress bar, and I can't see the messages.
> Is there any other way to figure this out?

The easier way is to enable syslog debugging. See the
http://ipxe.org/console wiki page for details. You need to compile a new
ipxe binary with syslog console enabled, your dhcp server must set ip to
syslog server (log-servers setting in ISC DHCP) and your syslog server
must be set to listen on the default UDP port (514, I believe) and
configured to log the ipxe messages to some file.

-- Robin