[ipxe-devel] Problem "Invalid Magic Sighature"

Bovey Christian Christian.Bovey at chuv.ch
Tue Aug 7 14:07:51 UTC 2012

Hello,

We are using iPXE for about four month now. We have new models of computers, so we need to recompile a new version of iPXE to handle them.

We used the same method and same script as before, but now we got an error "Invalid magic signature".

Is there new restriction with newer version of iPXE?

Our scripts are attached to this mail.
undionly.kpxe is embed with a script to chain to another script on our webserver. https certificate is included. general.h is modified to handle https.
This script (boot.php) do a login and chain to the main script (menu.php) who show a menu depending on user rights.

With old version, no problem, everthing is working. With new version, the script start, and just after login we got the error.
To detect the error, we had to add DEBUG=script in the kernel.

Can you help us solving this problem?

Thank you very much!

Christian Bovey

CHUV
centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois

Christian BOVEY - Gestion des interventions
Direction des systèmes d'informations | SSI
Bureau BU21/05 /010
Rue du Bugnon 21, CH-1011 Lausanne

+41 (0)21 314 6999 TEL
Christian.Bovey at chuv.ch<mailto:Christian.Bovey at chuv.ch>