[ipxe-devel] PXE for Broadcom?

Steve Goodrich steve.goodrich at se-eng.com
Fri Aug 3 21:45:08 UTC 2012

I’d easily settle for an all-TG3 ROM.

From: Daniel Wyatt [mailto:daniel.wyatt at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 3:44 PM
To: Steve Goodrich
Cc: ipxe-devel at lists.ipxe.org
Subject: Re: [ipxe-devel] PXE for Broadcom?

I think that, yes, the realtek code was consolidated into one driver. (intel too, I believe)

Broadcom, however, I believe is still separate drivers. (bnx2, tg3, etc).

I don't know about all the ways to build iPXE so I'll let someone else chime in on how to build it with all broadcom drivers.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Steve Goodrich <steve.goodrich at se-eng.com> wrote:

> Michael Brown wrote:
> realtek.pxe (which handles 8139 as well as 8169-based cards) is what you
want.
> (rtl8169.pxe will also work as a built target, and will give you the exact
> same binary.)

Does this mean that there's a Realtek PXE ROM that supports all known
Realtek chips?  If so, is there a similar build for all Broadcom chips?

Thanks,
        -- Steve G.