[ipxe-devel] Win 2008r2 - sanboot image and install to iSCSI

Marek Salwerowicz marek_sal at wp.pl
Wed Aug 1 11:47:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

W dniu 2012-08-01 10:04, Oliver Rath pisze:
> Yep. Dont forget to include iscsi in your winpe3! Maybe you can get a
> problem with the dvd-filesystem. I wasnt able to use a winxp-cd as
> iscsi-disk directly because of the lack of iso9660-support of my
> winpe-iscsi-driver, but maybe you have more luck with win8-dvd.
> Otherwise you can try bulding a virtual ntfs device and put the win8-dvd
> files onto it.
I am not sure if i do it correctly:
iPXE> initrd http://192.168.65.134/winpex86.iso
http://192.168.65.134/winpex86.iso.... ok
iPXE> chain ../memdisk iso raw
../memdisk .......................  Connection timed out
(http://ipxe.org/4c126035)
iPXE>

Does the '/memdisk' have any association with image contents?

> Be sure that the c: drive exists and the dvd-drive is _after_ your
> existing dvd-drive (if there exists one).
If I am able to boot everything using iPXE/LAN, I will remove any
virtual CD/DVDs

Regards,

--
Marek