[ipxe-devel] adding command line function to ipxe - extend ipxe

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Tue Apr 10 09:28:05 UTC 2012

On 09.04.2012 22:14, Levy, O wrote:
> I’d like to extend ipxe command line, local copy, to enable for example
> android install on ipxe client.
>
> What would be the best way to add command line function.

Why would you need to extend iPXE to boot Android? Isn't Android started
by booting a Linux kernel? If so, I don't see why Android couldn't be
booted in the same way as any other Linux OS.

Could you please describe a bit more in detail how you're planning to
boot Android over the network? I'm personally interested in being able
to boot Android over the network on x86.

Or are you trying to boot an ARM device over the network?

-- Robin