[ipxe-devel] DEFLATE negotiation and decompression for HTTP?

Marc Doughty marc at doughtyhouse.com
Mon Apr 9 21:22:52 UTC 2012

Greetings,
     You folks produce a great product, we're getting ready to deploy
campus-wide at Brown University!
     One thing I noticed is that many boot images compress really well, but
it's tricky/impossible to compress some kinds of boot payloads. Would it be
possible to have the HTTP 'client' code ask for everything with 'deflate'
compression, then decompress anything that comes down? On a few of our
images, it would cut down on the traffic/time that the boot image takes to
load by 60%.

-Marc Doughty