[ipxe-devel] Compiling the current HEAD?

Jason Kohles jkohles at palantir.com
Mon Apr 9 14:50:23 UTC 2012

I'm trying to build the current HEAD so I can check out the new menu stuff,
and I've encountered an error that I haven't been able to track down,
probably due to the huge number of years it's been since I dealt with
assembler..

arch/i386/interface/pcbios/int13.c: In function 'int13_hook':
arch/i386/interface/pcbios/int13.c:1466: warning: asm operand 1 probably
doesn't match constraints
arch/i386/interface/pcbios/int13.c:1466: warning: asm operand 2 probably
doesn't match constraints
make: *** [bin/int13.o] Error 1

Can anybody tell me what is going on here?  I tried simply suppressing the
warning (by compiling this file without -Werror) but then I get an
"impossible constraint in 'asm'" for the same line of code, so I'm guessing
that means the operands really are wrong..

--
Jason Kohles
Palantir Technologies | UNIX Systems Engineer