[ipxe-devel] GSoC

Ivan ivan.mudrak at ukr.net
Mon Apr 2 21:49:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am intending to participate iPXE project during GSoC. Particularly I am
interested in the implementation of new network card driver or
improvement of existing one. I have a strong mathematical background and
solid experience in C/C++ programming. Furthermore, I have some
experience using assembler for x86. One of my student projects was to
build a console program for connection between PC via serial port using
RS-232 standard. During this project I also has developed skills to work
with data-sheet for controllers.

I have already downloaded and built iPXE, and also test it using qemu. I
added to the startup message my name (see attachments ivan_mudrak.png).

About my proposal, I have a D-Link DGE-528T network card but I did not
find driver for it in [ipxe.git]/src/divers/net. I did not find any
d-link network card driver there at all or I may have missed something?
So, is it worth trying to implement this driver or you suggest any other,
more prioritized?

Best regards,

Ivan Mudrak