[ipxe-devel] [bug] PXE boot, load undionly.kpxe , failure to see net card 1969:1026

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 15:04:41 UTC 2011

On Thursday 28 Jul 2011 14:29:45 Jedrzej Kalinowski wrote:
> > That's fantastic; thanks a lot for doing that!
> >
> > Could you post the code that generated those two dumps as well, just
> > so that I
> > can be totally sure what's going on?
>
>  I'm happy this looks useful :).
>
>  Please find the patch links I've added under jpg links.

Sorry for the extended delay.  I've spent some time looking at this.  The only
possible culprit I can find is the call to INT 15,2401 in enable_a20_bios().
This call potentially corrupts some registers (if the BIOS does so, which
seems to be known to happen on some AMI BIOSes).

I've made enable_a20_bios() preserve all registers to guard against BIOS
corruption:

  http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/10a6536

Could you try this latest version and see if the problem still exists?

Thanks,