[ipxe-devel] Native drivers AND fallback UNDI in a PXE image possbile?

Sven Dreyer sven at dreyer-net.de
Wed Nov 16 20:30:10 UTC 2011

Am 16.11.2011 18:21, schrieb Sven Dreyer:
> I then embedded a script which does "dhcp" for a second time if the
> first try failed. Because the first dhcp-try takes more than 15 seconds
> to fail, the second try works immediately. This way, I can work around
> the problem.

I started tshark with a filter on the ethernet address of the machine. I
can see DHCP request and reply (from the machine's PXE implementation).

Then, iPXE starts. I type "dhcp", but I don't see a single packet going
over the wire.

If I repeat the dhcp command about 17 seconds later, I see DHCP packets
and everything works.

Just wanted to let you know this, I am perfectly happy with my workaround.

Best regards,
Sven