[ipxe-devel] Chainloading from iPXE to other PXE servers

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Wed Mar 30 19:57:44 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| On Monday 28 Mar 2011 21:11:28 Mike Sollanych wrote:
| > I'll give the patch a shot as soon as I can and let you know.
| > To make sure I understand correctly: I should then be able to put
| >  ${variables} inside the menu config files I am loading for
| >  vesamenu.c32
| >  and they should be expanded?
|
| Yes, that's the idea.
|
| Michael

This did not seem to work.  I assume that the the ${mac}, ${asset:uristring} variables would be expanded within the syslinux menu system.

Creating an entry of

LABEL iPXE
        MENU DEFAULT
        MENU LABEL iPXE Testing
        TEXT HELP
           Test to see if MAC address ${mac} for asset ${asset:uristring}
        ENDTEXT

in the syslinux vesamenu.c32 /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default did not result in a MAC address and asset tag being substituted in.

Am I wrong in expecting this to happen?

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group