[ipxe-devel] progress indication in percent

Sven Dreyer sven at dreyer-net.de
Sat Mar 26 09:24:02 UTC 2011

Hi iPXE Dev's,

I noticed that when downloading a large file over HTTP, I get a progress
indication in percent now. Must have been a commit of the last 4 weeks,
great idea!

I use the following recipe to download an ISO file and start it via memdisk:

#!ipxe
imgfetch http://my-server/my.iso
chain http://my-server/memdisk iso raw

The download/boot itself works without issues. But I noticed that the
progress indication for downloading the ISO goes up to 16% and than
re-starts at 1% for several times.

The size of the ISO file is 260636672 bytes.

Is there an overflow of a counter? Something I can help with?

Thanks,
Sven