[ipxe-devel] Create rom image with embedded script [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 00:46:47 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 09 Mar 2011 05:48:44 Andrew Dwyer wrote:
> I tried the patch you supplied but this time no iPXE message is displayed
>  and the card still doesn't appear as a bootable device in the BIOS.

Wow.  It's expected that no message will show up with that patch, but I'm
surprised that it doesn't show up as a bootable device in the BIOS.  With the
patch, the *only* thing that the ROM does is to report itself as a bootable
device.

Are there any relevant BIOS settings controlling expansion card PXE ROMs that
might be set wrongly?  I know that the Intel ROM works, so this is unlikely.

Could you send me the Intel ROM image that you flash onto the card?