[ipxe-devel] SAN Boot Windows XP with USB-NIC.

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 00:39:45 UTC 2011

On Thursday 10 Mar 2011 23:48:53 Muralidhar.Appalla at emulex.com wrote:
> I am sorry I did not closely looked at your statement. Yes, this is going
>  to break our UNDI driver. We give IRQ as non zero in UNDI_GET_INFO
>  structure but flags will be saying IRQ_NOT_SUPPORTED. So you probably
>  cannot use the logic that you put.

OK, thanks for confirming.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to solve this?  To recap:

Device 1 (Emulex) reports that IRQs are not supported.  iPXE therefore decides
to use polling-only mode.  This works.

Device 2 (USB-something) reports that IRQs are not supported.  iPXE therefore
decides to use polling-only mode.  This doesn't work.  If iPXE is forced by a
small code change to use interrupt-driven mode, it works.  This same change
would break Device 1.

Both devices report that IRQs are not supported, and provide a non-zero IRQ
number.

How can we support both of these devices simultaneously?