[ipxe-devel] iPXE and Windows Server 2003

Shahid Munir mr_shahid_munir2 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:57:08 UTC 2011

I am using iPXE with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Servers. The DHCP,
DNS, Web Server (IIS), TFTP all run using Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Edition. This is a Windows Server 2003 Environment.

I have set iPXE to boot from the TFTP Server (Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed.) and
this then loads undionlyu.kpxe. I then try to load IPXE.KRN for a Linux Kernel
and I get the following error:

.IPXE.KRN. Requested memory not available (http://ipxe.org/46038101)

Requested memory not available (http://ipxe.org/46038101)
Could not chain image: Requested memory not available (http://ipxe.org/46038101)

Looking up the error on ipex.org gives the following:
"This error indicates that you are trying to load an image that does not fit
into your system memory map. For example, the image may request that it is
loaded at an address that is already in use by iPXE or by the system BIOS.

This error is known to occur with some images produced by the old mknbi tool. If
you are using an NBI image, try regenerating your image using the more
up-to-date wraplinux tool."

How can I use the wraplinux tool in Windows?

I want to load a Linux Kernel to be able to install an O/S or update firmware on
my servers.

Any suggestions how can can use iPXE in a Windows environment to do this?

I cannot install Linux.

Regards,
Shahid