[ipxe-devel] SAN Boot Windows XP with USB-NIC.

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 19:06:34 UTC 2011

On Thursday 03 Mar 2011 18:12:39 jerrycheng-hinet wrote:
> The patch works! I don't know how to express my gratitude to you!
>
> After applying your patch, I can see the consistent result with ipxe and
> gpxe.

You're welcome.  Unfortunately, we can't just apply this patch as-is, since it
would break some other configurations.

Could you build with DEBUG=undinet and tell me what is shown for the lines

  UNDINIC 0x<address> uses IRQ <irq>

I'm most interested in the "flags" value, which is where your UNDI driver is
supposed to indicate that it supports IRQs.  Knowing the IRQ number may also
be relevant.

> In gpxe, the screen hanged at "Registerd as BIOS drive 0x80/Booting from
> BIOS drive 0x80".
>
> In ipxe, I got more detail fail reason. The screen hanged at "Couldn't open
> driver multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)".

That message must be coming from NTLDR rather than iPXE.  Could you try
building with DEBUG=int13, so we can see what is happening?