[ipxe-devel] SAN Boot Windows XP with USB-NIC.

jerrycheng-hinet jaspers.cheng at msa.hinet.net
Thu Mar 3 16:56:37 UTC 2011

Thanks, Michael.

I tried both ways, but the result is bad.

> a) try running the "dhcp" command at the command line and, after it fails
> with
> the same "Connection timed out" error message, run the "ifstat" command
> (http://ipxe.org/cmd/ifstat)

Still got connection timeout message. Then run the "ifstat" command, it
showed:
net0: 00:50:fc:8e:c7:8d on UNDI (closed)
  [Link:up, TX:4 TXE:0 RX:0 RXE:0]

> b) try setting a static IP address as described on the error page
> (http://ipxe.org/4c106035), and see if you can ping it from the DHCP
> server.

Fail to ping the static IP address. Got "Destination Host Unreachable"
message.

It's weird that by using the same USB-NIC, and almost identical DHCP
configuration, DHCP function seems to be ok in gpxe.

I will try to connect up a null-modem cable for the next step debugging. If
you think about any new idea worth to try, please feel free to tell me.
Thanks so much!

Regards,
Jerry