[ipxe-devel] UNDI fallback not working with iPXE ?

Nicolas Bourbaki ncl.bourbaki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 08:40:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was using gPXE in the past and moved to iPXE and so far I had no
issue with it. However I tried to use iPXE on a brand new laptop which
uses an Attansic gigabit network card (0x1969, 0x1073). There is
currently no drivers in iPXE or gPXE for this card.

The issue I'm facing is that when using gpxe.usb on a flash disk, gPXE
falls back on using the UNDI interface and the laptop is able to grab
an IP. On the other hand, iPXE has a different behavior because when
using the ipxe.usb, there is no UNDI fallback, the card is not
detected.

I managed to get the card detected with iPXE when flashing the flash
disk with "undi.usb".

Can you guys provide some more info ?

Cheers,

Nicolas.