[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] executing in memory gpxe script

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 15:08:22 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 26 Jul 2011 15:55:14 Larry Brigman wrote:
> In this environment I cannot use dhcp. Must have a static address.

You need the "set" command, which is documented at

  http://ipxe.org/cmd/set

I would suggest something like:

     kernel /boot/ipxe.lkrn \
        ifopen net0 && \
        set net0/ip 192.168.0.3 && \
        set net0/netmask 255.255.255.0 && \
        set net0/gateway 192.168.0.1 && \
        chain http://my.server/my.script

Note this probably has to appear on one single line within the grub
configuration file; I don't think grub allows you to use backslash continuation.