[ipxe-devel] Connection reset (0f0a6039)

Lee Bradshaw lee at witsend.id.au
Fri Jan 28 08:25:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a diskless Windows 7 workstation.

I've set up FreeNas in a VM on a windows 2008 machine; I've set up the TFTP
server & DHCP entries on the DHCP server (a Windows 2003 machine).

I then created a volume in FreeNas, connected to it from a Windows 7
machine, and cloned the system disk to it; then disconnected the iScsi
drive.

In order to test it, I created a second VM machine on the Windows 2008
machine, with no operating system; the DHCP entries are set up to point this
to iPXE then the iSCSI drive I created on FreeNas.

It loads undionly as expected, then tries to boot the iSCSI volume, but I
get:

Root path: iscsi:10.10.10.245::::iqn.2011-01.au.id.witsend:GrSyst

Could not open SAN device: connection reset (http://ipxe.org/0f0a6039)

The FreeNas logs don't show anything happening at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee Bradshaw