[ipxe-devel] Misc iPXE patches

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 00:32:39 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 Jan 2011 19:04:09 Michael Brown wrote:
> On Monday 17 Jan 2011 14:23:21 Jarrod Johnson wrote:
> > > It would probably be useful to be able to expand the root-path in the
> > > same way.  I'll wrap this up into my reworking of your SAN+PXE patch.
> >
> > Wondering if you ever got around to working with the SAN on PXE and
> > variables in root-path/filename.  I didn't think I see it in ipxe at the
> > moment, but I could've missed it.
>
> Implemented the SAN+PXE part, currently testing before pushing.

Just pushed changes that implement both SAN+PXE and variables in root-
path/filename.  For example, booting with

  filename "http://boot.ipxe.org/demo/boot.php?mac=${mac:hexhyp}";
  option root-path "aoe:e0.0";

will cause iPXE to connect to the AoE drive e0.0 and then boot the iPXE Linux
demo; at the Linux shell you can see the MAC address in the URL in
/proc/cmdline, and examine the INT13 EDD data for the AoE disk in
/sys/firmware/edd/int13_drive80.

Thanks, Jarrod, for the idea and the original implementation!