[ipxe-devel] Help with use-cached

Rob Shelley Rob at cirris.com
Thu Jan 6 19:44:40 UTC 2011

So I was looking at this again today and realized that I hadn't tried
the latest snapshot in my previous testing.  I got a current build of
both gPXE and iPXE (looks like my hermon.c build error has been fixed,
thanks!) and both exhibit the behavior I noted before with one minor
difference.  In gPXE, the error is: Could not find "ip": File not found
(0x2d0c203b); in iPXE, the error is: Could not find "ip": No such file
or directory (http://ipxe.org/0x2d0c203b).  Once again this holds true
no matter what identifier I use.

I'm curious if there is any guess at when this could be looked at.  Is
there any other information I can get?  Anything else I can do to help?
(Unfortunately I have limited programming experience)  I'd happily
switch to iPXE based on the iPXE FAQ, but iPXE appears to have the same
issue, and I'm not sure how to customize an image when compiling it
myself like the rom-o-matic.net site does.

Rob