[ipxe-devel] Boot .iso.gz with memdisk

Sven Dreyer sven at dreyer-net.de
Fri Feb 4 13:37:46 UTC 2011

Hi Andrew,

Am 04.02.2011 14:29, schrieb Andrew Bobulsky:
> Regarding the issue of slow transfer speeds, I cannot recall
> precisely what build of gPXE that gPXELINUX uses, but it's very

It says "gPXE 3.71", but I think this is the syslinux version, so I also
don't know.

> possible that it uses native drivers for your NIC.  If you'd like to
> try using native drivers for your iPXE deployment, cd to src/ and try
> "make bin/ipxe.pxe" and chainload that file instead.  It should

I tried the "ipxe.dsk" file which I wrote to a floppy and the "ipxe.usb"
which I wrote to an USB stick. If I'm not wrong, these should use the
native drivers. Unfortunately, the transfer did not speed up.

Thanks!
Sven