[ipxe-devel] e1000e/8086:1502 not working?

Levente LEVAI levail at aviatronic.hu
Mon Dec 12 17:52:56 UTC 2011

After a false start with the 82571 flavor I have checked kernel driver
code and
it turned out that pid 1502 is the new variant of the pch controller
(found in
e1000e_ich8lan.c in the ipxe driver) used in new intel family 6 mobile
chipsets.
I have more or less dumbly copied the info section from kernel code.
At first sight it seems to work (the driver initialized the controller
and I was able
to get an ip address via dhcp) but I need to do further testing (e.g.
boot over iscsi).

Levente