[ipxe-devel] DHCP Vendor options 128-135 / IPv6 Support

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 14:00:06 UTC 2011

On Thursday 24 Nov 2011 15:44:27 Ralf Buettner wrote:
> I have found that iPXE doesn't include DHCP vendor options 128 - 135 in
> the Parameter Request List when sending DHCPDISCOVER and DHCPREQUEST
> messages. However, this is explicitly required in the PXE spec. Is there
> a reason why iPXE doesn't follow the PXE spec in this point?

No reason; now fixed:

    http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/8926c23

> Although development work on gPXE appears to be near zero, they have
> recently included IPv6 to some degree. Is this something that is planned
> to be integrated in iPXE as well in the near future?

IPv6 support is planned to be integrated.  Whether or not this uses the gPXE
work depends on the quality of that work, which is yet to be determined.  I
know it would need a lot of clean-up; I'm not sure yet whether or not it would
be quicker to just rewrite it.