[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] Near last step of flashing e1000 ROM with Wifi gPXE the USB stick won't boot

J C c7aff at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 21:02:12 UTC 2011

I can't get the CD or the NIC ROM to work with iPXE. All the errors point to reinstalling iPXE. I plan to do that but not yet.

Right now gPXE is most promising. I can get it to work using the CD and
command line gPXE but not the Intel NIC ROM. After flashing the ROM it just tries to boot from
the NIC mac addr and not the wifi mac addr. It looks like I need to specify that it boot from the
wireless RTL8185L mac addr. Can that be done?

ifstat only shows the NIC mac address. Any suggestions?