[ipxe-devel] rom.etherboot.org port 80 is down

Chris McClimans ipxe-devel at hippiehacker.org
Sat Aug 6 19:22:43 UTC 2011

Andrew,

I found several places with repos for boot.kernel.org, but all three
download_initramfs_images_http.sh files try to retrieve modified pxeknife
initrd images from rom.etherboot.org which is down.

# three different BKO repos to choose from:
$ git clone http://boot.kernel.org/.git/ ||
http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/bko/warthog9.git || git://
git.etherboot.org/scm/people/pravin/BKO.git

You can get around it by using ./deploy_BKO.sh instead
of ./download_initramfs_images_http.sh, but I had to dig around to figure it
out.

A quick greps shows the download_ISO.sh retrieving from rom.etherboot.org as
well. Alternate locations?

$ grep rom.etherboot.org *
download_ISO.sh:wget http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/dsl.iso
download_ISO.sh:wget
http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/Fedora-11-i686-Live.iso
download_ISO.sh:wget
http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN.iso
download_ISO.sh:wget
http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/debian-live-501-i386-gnome-desktop.iso
download_ISO.sh:wget
http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/filesystem.squashfs
download_ISO.sh:wget
http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso
download_ISO.sh:wget
http://rom.etherboot.org/share/pravin/ISO/U/filesystem.squashfs
upload_initramfs_images.sh:REMOTE_BKO_LOCATION=pravin at rom.etherboot.org:
/pub/share/pravin/BKO/

Possibly changing the documentation here would help:

http://boot.kernel.org/Developer.html :
"""
Follow the following instructions
make
cd install_help
./configure_BKO.sh
./download_initramfs_images_http.sh ##NOTE if we want to provide this, we
need a working place to retrieve from OR tell them they must run
./deploy_BKO.sh
and optionally you need to download the ISO images, or you can point to
images on etherboot server or kernel.org server.
./download_ISO.sh ##NOTE kernel.org URLs need to be added here, or original
upstream sources

"""