[ipxe-devel] release schedule?

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Mon Aug 1 00:47:07 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Greetings,
|
| We really want to move to iPXE, but there's concern over the
| stability.
| Is there a tagged release 1.x on the horizon?
|
| Thanks again for an extremely useful product!
|
| -C

Tagged or not, iPXE has been at the core of our deployment services for nearly 3 months without any blocker incidents so far (knock on wood).  We've just begun targeting sanboot over HTTP and have run into issues with that but iPXE for the most part has been rock solid.

Is there currently a feature in whatever it is that you are using now that iPXE doesn't have or a problem you've discovered?  If not, than just start using it.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca