[ipxe-devel] Problem chainloading iPXE from some legacy Intel PXE

Jedrzej Kalinowski kalinoj1 at iem.pw.edu.pl
Fri Apr 29 18:36:52 UTC 2011

 On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:58:15 +0200, Jedrzej Kalinowski wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:47:44 -0400, Miller, Shao wrote:
>> Good day, Jedrzej Kalinowski.
>>
>> Where did you obtain these two NBPs?  Did you compile iPXE yourself
>> or
>> download them from a web site or somewhere else?  Could you possibly
>> share details regarding NIC(s), BIOS, computer model, just in case
>> anyone can attempt to reproduce the same issue you are having?
>>
>> - Shao Miller
>
> Sorry, I forgot to write that these images were built by myself
> yesterday from the latest code found in the git repository.
> The PC's mainboard is Asus P5Q-VM DO.
>
> I'll try to provide you tomorrow with further hardware info about it
> - I'll try to run lspci, hwinfo.

 I run lspci -vvv and hwinfo, in short the NIC is:

 Model: "Intel 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection"
 Vendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation"
 Device: pci 0x10de "82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection"
 SubVendor: pci 0x1043 "ASUSTeK Computer Inc."
 SubDevice: pci 0x82d5
 Revision: 0x02

 More details are dumped here:
 http://www.iem.pw.edu.pl/~kalinoj1/public/hwinfo