[ipxe-devel] ISO SAN booting

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 00:53:51 UTC 2011

On Friday 29 Apr 2011 00:45:57 Andrew Stuart wrote:
> Correct, mfsbsd works after inadvertently pulling another update. I've
> tested a bunch of other BSD images and they are working as well.

Great.  :)

> Freedos's also work after that patch, although they don't seem to see
> the cd after the os boots, thus the live portion doesn't work... But I
> am not sure it's supposed to?

Both FreeDOS and MS-DOS should now be able to access the CD after booting via
the ELTORITO.SYS driver.  (There was a problem with using the older version of
ELTORITO.SYS as shipped with FreeDOS; this has now been fixed in iPXE.)

> BTW, the ntfs.com image is a WinPE 3.0 image, thus Win7.. which is odd.
> So far my WinPE 3 images don't appear to work, but I have yet to use the
> original opk iso to test against, or I was going to even try a win7
> iso.

If you can find an image that doesn't work with iPXE but _does_ work with
memdisk, that would be interesting.  I haven't yet had time to try out the
ntfs.com/Vista cases with memdisk.