[ipxe-devel] Problem chainloading iPXE from some legacy Intel PXE

Jedrzej Kalinowski kalinoj1 at iem.pw.edu.pl
Thu Apr 28 21:22:50 UTC 2011

 Hi,

 I've got a problem chainloading iPXE from the legacy PXE ROM (Intel's)
 on some of my machines and would be very grateful for your help.

 I was using undionly.kpxe and undionly.kkpxe images, both with no
 result. Both images cannot locate undi network devices. I've recompiled
 the images with DEBUG=undinet,undionly,pxeparent option and the only
 additional notice to "no more network devices" I get is "no preloaded
 undi device found".

 Here are the screenshots of both cases:
 http://www.iem.pw.edu.pl/~kalinoj1/public/undionly.kkpxe.jpg
 http://www.iem.pw.edu.pl/~kalinoj1/public/undionly.kpxe.jpg

 The images work fine on VirtualBox and my other Intel-NIC equipped PCs.

 Can having two NICs on one machine (it is the case, here) interfere
 somehow? Can I provide you with some more precise debug?

 Best regards,
 Jedrzej Kalinowski

--
 JK