[ipxe-devel] menu.c32/vesamenu.c32 config generation

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Wed Apr 27 21:47:07 UTC 2011

On 27 April 2011 22:19, Andrew Stuart <andrew at shopcusa.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, have you seen http://labs.aobac.net/boot/menu.html ? It
> does appear to solve your requirement of being lazy. From what I have had a
> chance to digest, it's a perl script that looks at a directory and builds
> custom menu configurations based on whats in the sub-directories at run
> time, thus a dynamic system.

I have seen this, yes - and it does satisfy most of my lazy urge.
However, I'd quite like to automate adding new Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS
etc netboot images - plus have some kind of shiny web interface to
manually tweak things.

Thanks for the vote of interest though, I'll keep it in mind should I
actually start getting something off the ground ;)