[ipxe-devel] ipxe configuration files, forum

Dylan's PCs dylanspcs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:19:04 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 09:21 AM, Michael Brown wrote:
> On Thursday 31 Mar 2011 23:21:13 Michael Brown wrote:
>> On Thursday 31 Mar 2011 23:00:08 Dylan's PCs wrote:
>>> Consider using MyBB over phpBB. I develop for MyBB, which is much more
>>> secure and has a better feature set than phpBB. I've a MyBB plugin for
>>> posting to a forum via email in the works that would be suitable for
>>> this. I'll probably have it completed in a couple of weeks.
>> phpBB was just a default choice so I'm happy to switch, especially if I can
>> ask you for help!  :)
>>
>> I'll get MyBB installed tomorrow or over the weekend.  Let me know if
>>   there's anything I can do to help with the e-mail-to-forum development.
> MyBB is now packaged as an RPM and installed.  From the packaging point of
> For example, the only source code link I can find is
>
>    http://www.mybb.com/download/latest
>
> but for use in an RPM, I would much rather have a link such as
>
>    http://www.mybb.com/download/mybb-1.6.2.zip
>
> Similarly for the various translations, which currently have links such as
> http://www.mybb.com/download/98/zip - are there more permanent links
> available, preferably with meaningful names?
>
> Michael

For direct links to a specific version of MyBB:
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Versions
However the link you have above for "latest" refers at all times to the
latest "Stable" release.
We've just moved all development over to git (on github) so you can
always download any exact revision from there. Of course, you're using
MyBB in a production environment, so you really just need the latest
stable link above to always stay up to date with the latest stable.

Out of curiosity, why are you packaging it as an RPM?

Unfortunately, I have no control over the translations, nor any
experience with them, and really the links to the MyBB versions on the
above wiki page are in the same style. Also the translations only
translate the forum's built in text & buttons. Not the text in the
posts. Since this is an "English" mailing list, doesn't it make sense to
keep the forum in English too?

Anyways, I hope to have the plugin for the mailing list integration at
least as a beta in 2-3 weeks. It'll take that long because I have two
paid projects ahead of it right now.