[ipxe-devel] iPXE with VirtualBox

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 18:13:55 UTC 2010

On Thursday 11 Nov 2010 16:37:08 Pete I. Eby wrote:
> Is there a way to get iPXE working in VirtualBox? It is so handy to be
> able to use VirtualBox to test with, it would be great if this could
> work again.

I'm aware of a problem with VirtualBox, but I haven't yet had time to identify
the cause.  I won't have access to a VirtualBox setup for another week or two,
so if you want to try git-bisecting to find out which commit caused the
problem, that would be helpful.  You say that 0.9.7 works, so you'd need
something like

  git bisect start master v0.9.7

then repeat the process of

  build, test, type "git bisect good" if the result works with VirtualBox or
  "git bisect bad" if it doesn't

until git tells you which commit introduced the problem.