[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] nomenclature to use...

carlyoung at keycomm.co.uk carlyoung at keycomm.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 13:55:15 UTC 2010

	On Tue 09/11/10 1:40 PM , Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
sent:
	As a matter of fact, we do have a problem with such an odd filename.
You see, some HTTP URIs sometimes go something like
http://webserver/page#section and we do some processing with #.
 While looking at this, I'd like to ask, though: Are you quite
certain that the DHCP + PXE service is configured correctly? Could it
be that #MPCPathBoot# is intended as a place-holder in the
CA-Unicenter Managed PC Boot Server settings? A palce-holder for
whatever the TFTP directory is supposed to be?
 - Shao Miller
	Hi Shao,

	The #MPCPathBoot# prefix is a special path within the bootserver as
far as I am aware - sort of a virtual root I guess. It is a legal
file name on Windows and *NIX (though not a name I would use...)

	In my reading of this then, I should be asking HP to get this
addressed in the gPXE source code as it's not a bug in the TFTP
server, though I may be wise asking for an enhancement for that too
to use more "friendly" path names...?

	Many thanks for your assistance so far!

	Regards,

	Carl