[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] Debugging over UDP

Vinay Venkataraghavan raghavanvinay at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 19:50:11 UTC 2010

Michael,

Thank you so much once gain for your incredibly prompt response.

The approach that we are taking for this solution is to develop a specific
option ROM which does not implement the full DHCP protocol etc. This option rom
"knows" how to communicate with this management host to download PXE images and
to boot these servers using these images.

Thats the need motivation to try this option out.

Secondly, I just wanted to generally step through the whole code and not only
the dhcp portion so that I familiarize myself with the different interactions
before slimming it down to potentially only the portion that executes the stages
to download the code and then in the backend will communicate with hosts that
contact me for this image.

Question:

is the sequence that I followed at the gPXE prompt to bring up and configure the
networking interface correct? Is there something else to this. I checked the
network interface and it is pingable. Will try this again though.

Thanks,
- Vinay