[ipxe-devel] unable to chain to a script

Duane Voth duanev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:20:22 UTC 2010

Ah, ok, my source has been saying http://ipxe.org/2e008001 - the text on the
real error page is quite helpful - yes I was missing the she-bang line.  The
fetched script now registers as a script.

What was surprising tho is that all fetches in the fetched script are
relative to base directory of the script!  Is this the expected behavior?

Ex:

----- script 1 (embedded in ipxe)
#!ipxe
dhcp net0
route
imgfetch ipxe.cfg/boot1.ipxe
imgload boot1.ipxe
imgexec boot1.ipxe

----- script 2 (boot1.ipxe)
#!ipxe
imgfetch shellx64.efi

The tftp server (with verbose msgs) shows that the imgfetch in boot1.ipxe
asks for "ipxe.cfg/shellx64.efi".

Duane