[ipxe-devel] unable to chain to a script

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 12:04:13 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 08 Dec 2010 00:05:06 Shao Miller wrote:
> On 12/7/2010 18:31, Duane Voth wrote:
> > I've been trying to run a remote script from ipxe (snponly version)
> > but imgload complains with a 2e008001
>
> If you use a recent version of iPXE, you might notice that those error
> codes are given as URIs.
>
>    http://ipxe.org/err/2e008001
>
> "Exec format error"
>
> Do you perhaps have "#!gpxe" in the script's she-bang, rather than
> "#!ipxe" ?

"#!gpxe" should also be recognised; gPXE scripts are currently a subset of
iPXE scripts (with the single exception of the command "dhcp any" in gPXE,
which is just "dhcp" in iPXE, for consistency with "ifopen" et al).

It does sound as though the shebang line is not being recognised.  Could you
possibly attach a copy of your script?