[ipxe-devel] unable to chain to a script

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Wed Dec 8 00:05:06 UTC 2010

On 12/7/2010 18:31, Duane Voth wrote:
> I've been trying to run a remote script from ipxe (snponly version)
> but imgload complains with a 2e008001

If you use a recent version of iPXE, you might notice that those error
codes are given as URIs.

   http://ipxe.org/err/2e008001

"Exec format error"

Do you perhaps have "#!gpxe" in the script's she-bang, rather than
"#!ipxe" ?

> and imgexec complains with 3d008001.

   http://ipxe.org/err/3d008001

"Inappropriate I/O control operation"

> imgstat lists the script as type "" (an empty string) which seems
> suspicious.  Have I messed something up, or does this not work in
> everyone elses copy as well?

Once you figure it out, please do add your notes to the applicable error
code page(s)!

- Shao Miller